Red (Twilight-ish) Riding Hood

I was so excited when I saw the trailer of Red Riding Hood on YouTube, and adding the oh-so-gorgeous Amanda Seyfried doubled that feeling (Yep! She's my celebrity crush. Shhh! (blushes~)). Sadly, a lot of people losses their interest on this movie adaptation of a childhood fairytale of the same title when they saw the "From the Director of Twilight" part of the trailer. This gave an impression to Edward-Bella-Jacob haters that Red Riding Hood is gonna be another love triangle way similar to Twilight. With that, I was unable to find someone to watch this movie with. It's a good thing that its DVD was released weeks earlier and I was able to watch it and write a little review. (Here it is people.)

My comments: This version of the 700-year old legend made me puzzling over a single question all throughout the flick. Who's the damn wolf? I had 5 guesses at least and at the end I was wrong. So much for spoiling, just find out the answer by yourself. And (Yep!) it's Twilight-ish. It's like watching twilight less the blood-sucking but fabulous vampires. Even the first minutes made a viewer wonder if they got the Twilight DVD instead. So (enough for the Twilight thing) all in all, this movie gives the thrill about the wolf's identity and Amanda's red hoodie and basket. She even said RRH's lines with the grandma-disguised wolf.

My rating: 3/5

Links: IMDB, Wikipedia, Official website

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin